Start and ﬁnish: Home Park Car Park, by the Castle Hotel Distance: 7km/ 4 miles Time: 2 hours Terrain: Woodland paths and tracks, grassy paths and some tarmac drives
1. Follow directions Point 3 on Route 4.
2. Where the woodland strip begins to widen out, turn left into the woodland, following the signpost for Hirsel Estate Visitor Centre, for 30 metres. At the next
path junction turn right and follow the path, keeping the edge of the wood on your left. At a fork in the path keep left and head for Leet Water, along a hedge lined path between two ﬁelds.
3. Beyond the footbridge bear left as the path climbs around the edge of the ﬁeld. At the next path junction turn right and then left to join the tarmac drive. After 150 metres bear right onto a track and after a short distance turn right onto another tarmac drive.
4. At the Y-junction keep left, continue along the drive and past a farm steading.
5. At the end of the ﬁeld turn left into the woodland. Follow the path through the woodland strip running parallel to the main road.
6. At the hole in the dyke on your right, follow the path left downhill and after 50 metres turn right. Continue along a board walk, cross a small bridge, and proceed for a further 50 metres to join a track.
7. Turn left at the car park, not entering it, and along the path through the Rhododendron bushes for 70 metres. Turn right, and in a little while, cross another bridge then turn right and continue along the track paralleling the main road once more. Continue on the track as it swings round to the left, then turn right and follow a rough path through the trees to the corner of the wood.
8. Cross the road taking great care. Turn left and cross the next road. Head for the Fireburnmill sign at the cottages and continue downhill on the road between the houses.
9. At the bottom of the hill continue straight ahead to the riverside. Follow the river downstream past the ﬁshing hut for 1km.
10. At the end of the second ﬁeld, walk through the woodland for 150 metres. At the path junction turn left and continue through the woods past a tennis court, on your right, and follow the path as it winds down towards the main drive of the Lees estate. Turn left and follow the drive out onto the main road.
11. Cross the road, turn right and follow the pavement back to the start.